Good nutrition is one of the keys to maintaining a healthy body composition. Making changes to your diet can be difficult, but if you start with small changes, you will have a much better chance of success. Below are some tips that will help you get started!
1.Try to make a habit of cooking at home most nights. By cooking food yourself, you’ll know exactly what’s in it, not to mention it will be easier on your budget.
2. Add flavor to food by seasoning with herbs, spices, black pepper and citrus juices rather than salt or butter.
3. Stay hydrated by drinking water instead of sugary drinks. Keep a reusable water bottle with you to always have water on hand.
4. Keep it colorful. Challenge yourself to try fruits and vegetables of different colors. See if you can consume a rainbow of fruits and vegetables during the week.
5. Try at least one new healthy recipe each month, or try a healthier version of your favorite dish.
6. Embrace Meatless Monday. If you currently eat meat daily, choose one day per week to cook a vegetarian meal. There are may health benefits to cutting back on processed and red meat.
7. Drink your coffee black. Coffee is actually healthy, however, many commercial varieties of coffee contain lots of additional ingredients such as sugar, syrup and heavy cream.